As the primary source of government legal services, our focus is on helping you obtain the best and most appropriate legal advice. We are more than a legal provider: we see ourselves as an integral part of your team.
VGSO lawyers have significant experience across many areas of law. Our expertise includes whole of government issues, statutory interpretation and issues requiring a high level of understanding of Victorian Government. We also represent the state in litigation.
Our authoritative advice adds weight to your decision making.
Sourcing the right legal services can be challenging, particularly if the specific nature of your legal issue is unclear. As facilitators, VGSO lawyers:
- Articulate legal issues and requirements
- Establish the best way to meet your legal needs – Government Legal Services panel firms, barristers or VGSO
- Ensure attention to detail in every aspect of our dealings with you
- Monitor service delivery
- Deliver consistent, practical legal advice and outcomes
- Monitor and manage your legal budget better
We see our role as one that supports you flexibly and expertly. VGSO lawyers:
- Solve resource challenges for large or specialised projects
- Provide in-house legal support, either short or long-term
- Contribute diverse team skills and flexibility
- Deliver particular expertise and back-up to free up resources
- Help implement new legislation or even fill temporary vacancies, such as Acting Corporate Secretary