Antonio supervises a team of solicitors and paralegals in the Litigation and Dispute Resolution Branch. Antonio's skills in advocacy, litigation, negotiation and legislative interpretation have led him to interesting, challenging and complex work, with a broad impact on government.
Antonio has 30 years’ experience in providing legal advice across a wide range of areas of law, including 15 years as a Barrister at the Victorian Bar. His areas of expertise include: commercial law, advisory services, contempt of court, coronial inquests, judicial review, civil claims, personal injuries, police disciplinary matters, serious Sex Offender Applications, subpoenas, crimes mental impairment matters.
He has a Master's Degree in Law and did his thesis in banking law. He is also a Certified Practising Accountant. He specialises in litigation and dispute resolution and has a special interest in commercial law and has instructed in long-running major commercial litigation on behalf of the State.
Significant litigation matters in which he has instructed and advised in include:
- Port of Portland Pty Ltd v State of Victoria (Supreme Court/Court of Appeal/High Court)
- Ipex ITG Pty Ltd v State of Victoria (Court of Appeal/Supreme Court/Special Leave- High Court)
- Central Pacific Holdings Pty Ltd v State of Victoria (Supreme Court/Court of Appeal)
- McKern & Ors and Centaur Mining & Exploration Ltd (In liquidation) v The Minister Administering the Mining Act 1978 (WA) (Supreme Court/Court of Appeal/High Court).
Memberships and professional associations
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Member of the Australian Society of Accountants
- Certified Practising Accountant