Eloise's practice focuses on property advice and transactions. Eloise advises clients on a wide range of matters including drafting and negotiating contracts of sale, development agreements, leases and licences along with advising on contractual issues.
Eloise joined the VGSO as a Senior Solicitor in 2016. Prior to joining the VGSO, Eloise completed her graduate traineeship and four years as a lawyer at a large private commercial law firm with a diverse property practice. Eloise joined the VGSO as a Senior Solicitor in 2016. Prior to joining the VGSO, Eloise practiced at a large private commercial law firm with a diverse property practice. Eloise has extensive experience in a variety of matters including:
- sales and acquisitions of residential, commercial, retail, industrial and mixed-use properties;
- land development and subdivisions;
- leasing of commercial, retail and industrial premises;
- property due diligence; and
- stamp duty advice.
Since joining the VGSO, Eloise has provided advice on a wide range of topics including on the leasing and licensing of Crown land, mechanisms for removal of Queen's caveats and interpretation of legislation. Eloise has continued to provide transactional advice, including:
- to the State in relation to its acquisition of land in urban growth areas for future development and provision of community services;
- preparing contracts of sale for commercial land and residential properties that are the subject of court orders; and
- negotiating leases and licences from the position of both tenant/licensee and landlord/licensor for a number of government departments and statutory authorities.
Prior to entering the legal profession, Eloise worked as a social worker in the family violence sector and in the provision of support services to court users. She also travelled extensively, included spending two years working in London.
Memberships and professional associations
- Law Institute of Victoria