Jacqueline leads a team of lawyers focussed on delivering expert workplace relations and occupational health and safety advice to government and the Victorian public sector.
Jacqueline has advised both commercial and government clients for the past 14 years in the field of workplace relations and occupational health and safety and has experience in conducting and managing workplace litigation at all levels of the judicial system and in the Fair Work Commission. Jacqueline managed the successful application to the Full Bench of Fair Work Australia (as it then was) for the scope orders in relation to the Metropolitan Fire and Emergency Services Board.
In addition to her litigation experience, Jacqueline is very highly regarded for the quality and strategic nature of her advice work. As well as regularly advising major public and private sector clients on the suite of Fair Work legislation and the drafting and interpretation of industrial instruments, Jacqueline has expertise in public sector issues arising under the Public Administration Act 2004 (Vic) and public sector determinations, agreements and awards. In particular, Jacqueline has expertise in managing workplace change, restructuring, transfer of business issues and workplace disputes.
Jacqueline has a keen interest in the policy development process and substantial experience in helping translate policy initiatives into law. Similarly, Jacqueline has a keen interest in ensuring that the drafting of enterprise agreements accurately reflects the parties' intended agreement.
Significant legislation in relation to which Jacqueline has played a substantial role in its development and drafting includes:
- the Building and Construction Industry Improvement Bill 2003 (Cth) (from which the Building and Construction Industry Improvement Act 2005 (Cth) ultimately emerged);
- the Workplace Relations Amendment (Work Choices) Act 2005 (Cth);
- the Workplace Relations Amendment (Transition to Forward with Fairness) Act 2008 (Cth);
- the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth);
- the Fair Work (Transitional Provisions and Consequential Amendments) Act 2009 (Cth); and
- the Occupational Health and Safety Regulations 2007 (Vic).
Jacqueline is also a co-author of Navigating the Fair Work Laws (Sydney, Thomson Reuters, 2010).
Memberships and professional associations
- Law Institute of Victoria