- Contribute to matters of public interest
- Training and development opportunities
- $48,489 - $62,267 p.a. plus superannuation
The Victorian Government Solicitor’s Office (VGSO) is the primary provider of legal services to the Victorian Government and its departments. The office enjoys an extraordinary diversity of exciting and challenging case work, which is frequently topical and often involves significant public interest issues.
We are seeking a bright, enthusiastic and experienced legal assistant to provide quality legal support to solicitors in our Commercial, Property and Technology Branch.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Looking for ways to reduce the administrative workload of your solicitors
- Correspondence – drafting and typing (digital dictation)
- File management – maintaining orderly, up to date legal files in hard copy and electronic form
- Diary and email management – monitoring emails, calendars and recording deadlines
- Telephone assistance – both incoming and screening
- General administration – photocopying, arranging couriers, relieving reception
To be considered for this role you will:
- Have previous commercial and/or property support experience in a legal office
- Be driven to deliver quality service and solutions to our clients
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and a team focus
- Display high level technical skills and attention to detail
The VGSO is a fantastic place to develop your career. You will be provided with on-going training and development opportunities in a supportive and friendly team environment.
Please note candidates must submit the completed application form with their application. You can also read more about the application process and working at the VGSO (including our numerous benefits) on our website www.vgso.vic.gov.au. Alternatively, you can contact Abby McDonald, Recruitment Consultant on (03) 9032 3052.
Applications close before midnight on Monday, 3 April, 2017.