- Contribute to matters of high profile public interest
- Join a supportive team environment
- 2 x Legal Assistant positions available
An exciting opportunity exists for two bright and enthusiastic Legal Assistants to join the Government and Public Law branch and provide comprehensive secretarial and administrative support to a team of solicitors.
This role is suited to individuals with a minimum of one year secretarial experience within a legal environment who have provided support to multiple solicitors, with strong attention to detail and a 'can do' attitude.
About the role
Some of the key duties of this role include:
- Preparing correspondence and court documents – drafting and typing (dictaphone)
- Amending & formatting documents
- File management – maintaining orderly, up to date legal files in electronic and hard‑copy format
- Diary and email management – monitoring emails, calendars and recording deadlines
- Telephone assistance – both incoming and screening
- General administration – photocopying, couriers, billing, relieving reception
- Looking for ways to reduce the administrative workload of your solicitors
Do you enjoy:
- Using your high level technical skills to produce quality documents?
- Communicating with a variety of people?
- Being highly organised and quality focused?
- Working in a fun and supportive team environment?
- Building positive relationships?
If so, we want to hear from you!
The VGSO places a strong emphasis on work / life balance, offers flexible work arrangements and has a learning and development program tailored to Legal Assistants within the organisation to support our employees in their career development.
In exchange for your hard work, you will receive competitive remuneration, various professional training and development opportunities and 17.5% annual leave loading.
How To Apply
Candidates must complete the online application form and attach a current CV and cover letter.
Applications close before midnight on Wednesday, 24 May, 2017.
To discuss this opportunity further please contact Abby McDonald, Recruitment Consultant on 03 9032 3052.