- Oversee and manage the accounting and finance function
- Collegiate, energetic and professional culture
- $111,484 - $149,188 + superannuation per annum
The VGSO provides strategic advice and practical legal solutions to the Victorian state government and its statutory authorities. Our clients face a wide range of legal issues and are looking for legal advice and solutions that offer meaningful outcomes and effective risk management, given their unique government context.
The VGSO is seeking a qualified, energetic Accounting and Finance Manager to proactively and efficiently oversee and manage the accounting and finance function of the VGSO. The primary objective of this role is to ensure that finances and budgeting are effectively coordinated and utilised in compliance with financial management standards and practices. The position will provide timely and accurate business performance reporting and tracking, together with proactively initiating continual improvement of finance initiatives and processes to drive positive change.
We are looking for a strong operator who has:
- Experience in delivering effective budget development and financial management services and advice in a professional services environment/and or government context.
- Excellent conceptual and analytical skills with an aptitude for problem solving in the context of financial and budget resource management
- Ability to provide authoritative oral and/or written advice, which is accurate and clear, on a range of highly complex and sensitive financial matters
- Tertiary qualifications in accounting or business related field, with membership of the Institute of Chartered Accountants (CA) and/or Certified Practicing Accountants (CPA)
It is desirable that you have experience in a legal or professional services environment.
Please click 'apply now' to submit an application. Applicants are required to complete the online custom questionnaire as part of the application form. Responses to the Key Selection Criteria are not required separately.
You can read more about the application process and working at the VGSO (including our numerous benefits) on our website www.vgso.vic.gov.au. For more information and a confidential discussion of the role, please contact Andrea Lee, Acting General Manager Corporate Services on 03 9032 3005.
Applications close before midnight Sunday, 23 April, 2017.